Vegetable Manjurian is a delicious curry in which fried vegetable balls are immersed in a light spiced sauce. Do a trial and serve this vegetarian treat to your family.
Ingredients for manjurian balls:
- Finely minced cabbage- ½ cup
- Finely minced carrot- ½ cup
- Finely minced capsicum- ¼ cup
- Finely minced spring onion- ¼ cup
- All purpose flour-1 ½ tbsp
- Corn flour – 1 ½ tbsp
- Pepper powder- 1 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Oil-for deep frying
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients for vegetable manjurian balls.
- Mix well and keep it aside for 20 minutes (then it will little water and we need no more water for making balls; if there is not much water; then add little water just to bind).
- Make small balls out of it and deep fry it in hot oil in medium flame until done.
- Drain into paper towels and keep aside until the sauce is ready.
For The Sauce:
- Oil-1 ½ tbsp
- Garlic mince-1 tbsp
- Ginger mninced-1 tbsp
- Finely minced celery-1 tbsp
- Finely minced onion- 2 tbsp
- Finely minced green chilly-1 tsp
- Soy sauce-1 tbsp
- Vinegar- ½ tsp
- Pepper powder-1 tsp
- Sugar- ½ tsp
- Corn flour-2 tbsp
- Water/ vegetable stock-1 cup
- Spring onion chopped-for garnishing
- Heat oil in a pan; saute onions for a minute.
- Add minced garlic, ginger and green chilly; saute for another a minute.
- Add soy sauce, pepper powder, sugar and water.
- When it boils add corn flour (by diluting with little water).
- Cook for another two minutes or until the gravy just starts thickens.
- Add fried vegetable balls in to this.
- Add little salt and switch off the flame.
- Sprinkle spring onions on top and switch off the flame.
Serve it hot with Veg.Triple rice or plain basmati rice and enjoy J J J