growing up, my own family’s move-to recipe anytime we made chocolate chip cookies turned into the classic, authentic Toll residence Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe determined on the returned of every bundle of Nestle’s semi-candy chocolate morsels.
I’ve tried making many different chocolate chip cookie recipes through the years, and even as all of them are delicious (virtually – how may want to a chocolate chip cookie now not be scrumptious?) the Toll residence recipe continues to be my preferred!
So given how plenty i like those traditional chocolate chip cookies, I by no means thought it could be advanced upon. that is – till – I attempted these days’s recipe for a Toll residence Chocolate Chip Pie. As this Toll residence Chocolate Chip Pie bakes, it forms almost a crackly pinnacle – and when you chunk into your slice it’s dense and smooth and fudgy with crunch from the chopped walnuts. the primary time I made this pie – my husband Jack’s eyes rolled into the lower back of his head as he took his first bite – it is that proper!
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep-dish pie shell
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Vanilla ice cream (optional but highly recommended, for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a deep dish pie plate with the unbaked pie crust, crimping the edges. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs on high speed until light and foamy. Add the flour and both sugars to the bowl and mix again until combined. Then add the softened butter and mix one more time until completely mixed.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts and mix until the chocolate and nuts are evenly mixed throughout the batter. Spoon the batter into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a sharp knife inserted halfway between the edge and the center of the pie comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.