these days is not an afternoon for restraint, or dieting, or maybe my common “as herbal as possible” meals. today, we’re making one among my favored variations of my absolute favourite indulgence : cheesecake. And now not simply any cheesecake: a Snickers Cheesecake.
whilst served cooled from the oven, it’s soft and creamy, but my favored way to serve it’s miles once you’ve chilled the cheesecake in a single day, making it more of a new york fashion cheesecake — my preferred.
The toppings in this cheesecake are completely non-obligatory, however they do add a ton of “Wow” element, AND make the complete baking technique considerably much less disturbing by using doing away with any worry of a cracked pinnacle. Yep, your cheesecake may additionally crack, but it’s okay because you could douse it in caramel sauce and nuts and more Snickers and more caramel and more nuts and … nicely, you get the concept.
- 24 Oreos regular “stuff”, not Double Stuff
- 5 tablespoons Butter melted
- 32 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 1 1/4 cup White Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 20 Mini Snickers each one cut into 8 pieces (yes they will be tiny! Freezing first makes it super easy though! )
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Half and Half
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- extra Mini Snickers for decorating Optional
- 1/4 cup Salted Peanuts for decorating Optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a food processor, process the Oreos ( filling and all ) until they are completely crushed.
- Mix in the melted butter ( I do this in the food processor — Just pour the butter in and process for a few more pulses until the butter is completely combined ).
- Press into a greased, 9” Spring Form pan with at least 3″ high sides ( this is taller than standard!!!! )
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- In a heavy-duty mixer, mix cream cheese, white sugar, and sour cream until combined and smooth.
- Mix in the three eggs until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped up Mini Snickers.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Turn oven off. Let sit for two hours in the oven.
- To Make the Caramel Topping ( Optional ) : In a heavy-bottomed pan set to medium heat, whisk the brown sugar, half and half, and butter until the butter melts and the entire mixture starts to foam. Slowly whisk the mixture for 3 – 5 minutes, until it thickens slightly.