Falooda is a delicious dessert treat in which a tall glass is filled with yummy eye stunning ingredients. I have already listed few falooda recipes in my blog (rose falooda; phirni falooda and mixed fruits falooda). Here is another summer treat; the lovely mango falooda.
Servings: 2tall glasses
- Mango pieces-1 cup
- Mango pulp- 1 cup
- Basil seeds/ sabja seeds- 1 tbsp
- Falooda sev / thin vermicelii- 2 tbsp
- Sugar syrup- 2tbsp
- Custard powder- 1 tsp
- Milk- 1 cup
- Sweetened condensed milk- 3 tbp
- Ice cream- 2 big scoops
- Boil milk in a saucepan; when it boils add condensed milk and custard powder (dilute with little water).
- Cook for another 3-4 minutes by stirring well.
- Add mango pulp in to it and switch off the flame; mix well the consistency must be not so thick and not too thin. But pouring consistency. Keep aside to cool and refrigerate for few minutes before assembling.
- Soak basil seeds in water for 15 minutes until transparent.
- Drain it and keep nearby.
- Mix chopped mango pieces with sugar syrup.
- Cook falooda sev in boiling water until cooked. Drain it and keep aside to cool; refrigerate for few minutes before assembling.
- Now take two chilled tall glasses.
- Add a teaspoon of basil seeds in each glass.
- Above that add a teaspoon of falooda sev, then mango pieces.
- Above that pour the prepared mango custard mix evenly. Once again repeat the layering with basil seeds, falood sev, mango pieces and custard mix.
- Finally top it with a scoop of ice cream and garnish on top with few mango pieces.