Like gratifying thick and hearty soups that may be on the desk in a jif? Then this Kielbasa Potato Soup is for you! Loaded with chunks of potato, kielbasa slices, and corn, Kielbasa Potato Soup offers up big taste you’ll love.
round our residence if i’m going to serve up a soup, it’s were given to be a hearty one. Me? i love quite a great deal any soup. My hubby? now not a lot. Nope, no broth-y soups for him. For him, soups have were given to be thick and loaded with stuff.
fortuitously, I have no problem playing a top notch hearty soup, too. And i love that this Kielbasa Potato Soup virtually fits that invoice.
Chock full of tender chunky potatoes, slices of kielbasa, chopped carrots, celery, and sweet golden corn kernels, this soup is loaded with flavor. a bit little bit of milk and cheddar cheese make it quality and creamy.
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 (13 oz.) fully cooked kielbasa
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 6 medium yellow potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 c. frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. minced parsley
- Slice kielbasa and then cut slices in half. Place olive oil in a large saucepan and heat over medium-high heat. Brown kielbasa in olive oil, about 4 to 5 minutes; drain and set aside in a bowl.
- In the same saucepan, saute onion over medium heat until softened, about 3 minutes. Add potatoes, corn, celery, carrot, broth, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add milk, cheese, parsley, and kielbasa. Cook and stir over low heat until heated through and cheese is melted, about 2 to 3 minutes.