within the beyond couple of years, i have spent quite a few time inside the kitchen. i have made the entirety from cookies to brownie to desserts to brief breads. You call it, i’ve possibly baked it. but for some cause, I constantly located myself averting cheesecake recipes – some thing about its temperamental recognition intimidated me.
in the end, I determined it became time to stand my cheesy fears. as it seems, all my preconceived notions approximately cheesecake have been definitely fake. when you have the right recipe, it’s far genuinely pretty smooth to make and equally as scrumptious.
some thing approximately the combination of honey + lavender simply gives this cheesecake an high-quality taste without being too overpowering. I hate whilst matters taste wonderful floraly. This man is fine and mild and honestly to die for! you’ll definetly be going returned for a 2nd piece!
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 pounds cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lavender extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Violet food coloring
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9″ springform pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until throughly combined.
- Press crumb mixture into the bottom of the pan and about 1/2 inch up the side.
- Bake 12 – 15 minutes until the crumbs are set.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, cream cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat on high for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract, lavender extract, honey and salt and mix until just combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down the side of the bowl with a spatula after each addition.
- Add a few drops of violet food coloring and mix until desired color.
- Add sour cream and mix until combined.
- Add heavy cream and mix until combined.
- Wrap the outside of your springform pan in aluminum foil.
- Pour cream cheese filling into springform pan. Smooth the top with a spatula.
- Place the pan inside a high-sided roasting pan.
- Create a water bath by filling the roasting pan with hot water until you reach halfway up the side of the cheesecake pan.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- After an hour and a half, turn the oven off and crack the door open 1 inch.
- Leave the cheesecake like this for 1 hour.
- After an hour, take the cheesecake out of the oven and place aluminum foil over the top (making sure the foil does not actually touch the cheesecake).
- Place in the refrigerator for 4 hours.