|Homemade Turkey Soup|
A good homemade Turkey Soup recipe a go to after holiday meals! Tender chunks of leftover turkey, carrots, onions, celery, and pasta noodles are simmered in a delicious homemade turkey stock. Serve it alongside some dinner rolls and transcend into comfort food heaven!
While this turkey noodle soup isn’t made in a Crock Pot, it only takes 25 minutes. What’s better than that? You can make this once you’re home from work, and have your kids fed by 6!
Homemade Turkey Soup
This easy turkey soup is a family favorite with a rich broth, tender vegetables and juicy leftover turkey chunks.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 3 large carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 stalks celery
- 2-3 cups leftover turkey diced
- 8 cups turkey broth homemade or store bought
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces shell noodles about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 Tablespoon parsley optional
- Cook onion in olive oil until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Add flour and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in carrots, celery, turkey, broth, poultry seasoning, bay leaf and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Add noodles and cook 8-10 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat, discard bay leaf and stir in parsley.
- Season to taste and serve.
Chicken broth can be substituted for turkey broth.
See more, spendwithpennies.com