beautiful and simple to make, this smooth Blueberry Cheesecake Trifle is a dazzling edible centerpiece to feature for your trifle collection. It’s made with layers of angel food cake, cheesecake and blueberry pie filling that collectively are certain to make this layered splendor the showpiece of your dessert desk.
I simply can’t help myself, if a dessert can be converted right into a trifle, I’m going to make it happen. The first actual trifle I ever enjoyed turned into a conventional English trifle made with sponge cake layered with vanilla custard and fresh fruit. needless to mention, i was hooked from my first actual chew. As soon as i used to be able to navigate the kitchen myself, trifles have become part of my baking fact and i must say, they’re here to live.
a number of my maximum famous trifles you could find right here within the MSSK Recipe Index begins with my Outrageous Lemon fanatics Trifle, Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle and Boston Cream Doughnut Trifle just to name some. They make such an attractive addition to the dessert desk and are perfectly suited to be the megastar ending to any meal. Trifles can keep their own.
- 1 box Angel Food cake mix , plus ingredients to prepare
- 2 3.4 oz boxes instant cheesecake pudding mix
- 3 cups half and half or whole milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 8 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed OR 4 cups sweetened fresh whipped cream
- 2 21 oz cans Premium blueberry pie filling
- 1 fresh mint for garnishing optional
- Bake cake according to package instructions. Set aside to cool. Slice cooled cake into 1-inch thick slices, then cube. Divide into thirds and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, whip together both packages of pudding mix with 3 cups of half and half and vanilla in a medium-size mixing bowl. Whip for 2-3 minutes or just until the pudding is beginning to thicken but, is still pourable. Pour into another bowl. Set aside.
- In the same medium-size mixing bowl cream together softened cream cheese with one container whipped topping. Whip until smooth and fully combined.
- Add the pudding to the whipped creamed cheese mixture. Continue to whip on medium speed about 2 minutes or until smooth and fully combined.
- To assemble: In a 4 quart or larger trifle bowl layer 1/3 cubed cake, drizzle with 1/3 pie filling, 1/2 whipped cheesecake. Repeat ending with cake and pie filling.
- Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. Just before serving frost top with remaining whipped topping and garnish as desired.