Chicken salad is one in every of my go-to lunches. It’s straightforward to form, unbelievably flavourous and lasts for days. It’s additionally a decent excuse to swing by the work and acquire some artificer bread or rolls! I whipped up another fall-inspired formula and now fell crazy. It’s got such a lot happening, each bite is pretty much as good because the last. My secret? millions of texture from fruits, veggies and whacky, contemporary parsley and a bit little bit of metropolis mustard & Greek yoghurt.
We sometimes have a couple of chicken breasts within the fridge that we have a tendency to season and grill, however the opposite day we have a tendency to simply happened to own a couple of force rotisserie chicken leftover from the night before. I created soup with a decent portion of it, therefore i assumed victimisation the remainder during this salad would be excellent. and that meant lunch for succeeding 3 days would be taken care of! ????
- 3 c. cooked chicken breast or rotisserie, pulled*
- 2 celery stalks, cut down the middle and sliced
- 3 tbsp. red onion, minced
- ½ apple, chopped
- ⅓ c. dried cranberries, chopped
- ¼ c. plain Greek yogurt or light sour cream (more or less depending on personal preference)
- ½ c. light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. fresh parsley, minced
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ c. toasted or candied pecans, chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken, celery, red onion, apple and cranberries.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt (or sour cream), mayonnaise, mustard, parsley, onion powder, salt and pepper. Pour the mixture into the bowl and toss to combine. Refrigerate for 1 hour, then fold in the nuts before serving
Recipe From : Life Made Simple