Channa/chole is also known as White chick peas or garbanzo beans. Chole Paneer is a famous Punjabi dish.You can make this with or without gravy . This dish can be best served with hot pooris, raita and onion( for salad).
Channa/Chole/Garbanzo beans:- 2 Cups (Soaked overnight and boiled)/canned
Paneer/Indian Cottage Cheese:- 1 Cup,cut into small squares
Oil:- 4-5 Tbsp
Ginger:- 1 Tbsp
Garlic:- 1 Tbsp
Cumin seeds/ Jeera:- 1 Tsp
Mustard Seeds:- 1/2 Tsp
Asafoetida:- A pinch
Onion:- 1 (chopped)
Tomato:- 3 small (chopped)
Turmeric powder:- 1/2 Tsp( heaping)
Red Chilli Powder:- 1/2 Tsp( heaping)
Garam Masala Powder:- 1/2 Tsp( heaping)
Salt as per taste
Channa Masala (Any brand you have/Like):- 1 Tsp
Kasoori Methi Powder:- 1/2 Tsp
Aamchoor Powder:- 1/2 Tsp
1) Soak the channa overnight and then boil it by adding 1 tsp of turmeric and salt (as per taste).
2) To prepare tadka , heat oil in a pan jeera /cumin seeds, Mustard , when they start to splutter then add ginger and garlic and fry for a minute.
3) Now add onions, stir it till it becomes brown in color.
4) Add tomatoes , turmeric,Chilli powder ,garam masala & little water(1-2 tbsp approx) , mix it well.
5) Saute the mixture till tomatoes become soft (Approximately for 5-7 minutes)
6) Switch off the gas and let the tadka cool down.
7) Grind the tadka mixture in a grinder/ food processor to a smooth paste.
8) Now again cook the tadka paste for 2-3 minutes.
9)Add the boiled channa (drained from water) & paneer into the mixture, add Channa masala, Aamchoor Powder and Kasoori Methi,cook for 2-3 minutes.
Serve hot with Rice or Roti ..Enjoy:)
LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE TO SEE DAILY UPDATED RECIPES AND TIPS.