So, Pecan Pie. i am a pecan pie lover all the way, of path it must be a chocolate pecan pie. It’s what I grew up on, and additionally what I look ahead to each excursion season. I suggest, up until some weeks in the past after I made these Pumpkin Pie Oreos I had in no way had pumpkin pie whatever.
men, I loved those Oreos, however these cupcakes are sincerely where it’s at. I wager the hard-center chocolate lover that my mom has for all time ingrained into me can by no means stray too a long way from the classics I grew up loving. So i am putting forward this my very first (respectable) Thanksgiving recipe. I notion it changed into a quite accurate one to start out with.
nicely, that and the reality that i have been so targeted on these cupcake that I without a doubt have now not idea up any other Thanksgiving recipes. all of the bourbon, chocolate, pecan and general gooeiness of these cupcakes has been clouding my mind for weeks.
these are manifestly not the best cupcakes around. They take a bit Thanksgiving love and time, but there is not anything complex approximately them. First, there’s the chocolate bourbon cupcake that requires a whole cup of bourbon. I realize that appears like loads, however you men those are a number of the excellent cupcakes ever. SO wet, a lot flavor. Then there may be the pecan pie filling. I used my mom’s recipe, but cooked it on the stove to thicken it so I should then stuff it in the center of each cupcake. sooner or later, the butter pecan frosting. definitely, it’s far the best topper to the cupcakes. It’s perfectly candy and filled with bourbon glazed roasted pecans.
So they will make the effort, but virtually, it’s miles becoming the holiday season, and to me meaning spending masses of time within the kitchen. hopefully, yours is warm and at ease. Mine is type of bloodless from time to time in the mornings, but commonly via the end of the day it’s nice and toasty!
BOURBON CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup greek yogurt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
PECAN PIE FILLING
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
BUTTER PECAN FROSTING:
- 1/4 cup butter 1/2 stick
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened, 1 stick
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vanilla extract divided
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup finely chopped raw pecans + 18 whole pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 standard cupcake pans with 18 liners.
- In a medium bowl, beat the bourbon, canola oil, eggs, greek yogurt and sugar with an electric mixer.
- Slowly add cocoa powder, flour, salt and baking soda, combining on low speed until just incorporated.
- Fill baking cups three-fourths full. Bake for about 18-22 minutes. Allow to cool completely before filling, at least 2 hours or covered overnight.
- Meanwhile make the pecan pie filling. Combine 1/4 cup cold water with 2 tablespoons cornstarch, whisk until smooth. Add the brown sugar, corn syrup, eggs, salt and corn starch mixture to a sauce pot. Bring the mixture to a boil, whisking consistently for about 5 minutes. Do not stop whisking the mixture, especially in the beginning or you will end up with scrambled eggs. Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the pecans, bourbon and vanilla. Allow the mixture to cool a few minutes and then transfer to the fridge for at least one hour or until completely cooled and thickened.
- To make the frosting. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt together 1/4 cup butter, cream, and brown sugar. Bring to a boil and boil for one minute. Remove from the heat and add to the bowl of a stand mixer. Place the bowl in the freezer (or fridge for longer) for 15-20 minutes or until cool.
- In a bowl whisk together the bourbon, 1 tablespoon vanilla, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and cinnamon. Add pecans and stir to coat evenly. Transfer nuts to prepared baking pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until toasted. Remove and toss the pecans with 1 tablespoon butter. Allow to cool 10 minutes, set aside.
- Now grab the cooled butter mixture and add the remaining 1/2 cup room temperature butter, vanilla and powdered sugar to the bowl and beat together until well combined. MIx in about 1/2 cup of the chopped pecans. If the frosting is not stiff enough to frost the cupcakes place it in the fridge for 30 20-30 minutes or the freezer for 5-15 minutes. The remove and whip it for a few second to get everything smooth again.
- To assemble the cupcakes: Use a small paring knife to cut a cone-shaped piece from the center of each cupcake. Fill the hole with the cooled pecan pie filling. Add the frosting (if you want to pipe the frosting on use a circular tip, double the frosting recipe and swirl the frosting on in a circular motion) and sprinkle each cupcake with the remaining pecans. If desired top with 1 whole pecan.
Recipe From : https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/chocolate-bourbon-pecan-pie-cupcakes-butter-pecan-frosting/