This Chicken Alfredo Bake is your favorite chicken Alfredo direction in creamy casserole kind. Hearty alimentary paste gets tossed with luscious Alfredo sauce and juicy chicken then superimposed with a hidden layer of provolone cheese and cream that melts once baked for a ridiculous quantity of velvety creamy, chintzy icky goodness! This chicken Alfredo alimentary paste is straightforward to customise with additional veggies or completely different proteins and might be assembled sooner than time – however one issue stays constant – this Chicken Alfredo Bake is usually a chintzy, comforting, home run!
This Chicken Alfredo Bake joins my Classic Lasagna, One Pot Chili mack, chintzy pasta Al Forno and chintzy Taco alimentary paste Bake as a richly satisfying and decadently delicious alimentary paste however its hidden layer of degeneration elevates it to the Million greenback Club. each my Million greenback Macaroni and Cheese and my Million greenback Baked alimentary paste feature a chintzy middle layer of cream and provolone. i do know it would sound odd, however this mix is sensational – and readers agree.
So, once I was creating this chicken Alfredo direction, I knew this elegant layer would elevate it the simplest Chicken Alfredo Bake with a dreamy, creamy center enclosed by Alfredo slathered noodles – queue face plant.
As the alimentary paste bakes, the provolone melts, adding a depth of unbelievable CHEESINESS; because the cream melts, it adds a tantalizing layer of soupiness. This soupiness blends into every forkful – thus you don’t style distinguishable cheese or provolone – simply distinguishable million greenback YUM.
This Chicken Alfredo Bake is additionally comparatively fast to arrange – you create the Alfredo Sauce whereas the alimentary paste boils, stir in your cutoff rotisserie chicken and alimentary paste – then assemble. currently simply sit back and look forward to bubbly icky Parmesan, mozzarella, Alfredo perfection. It’s an extended wait.
- 1 pound cellentani pasta (may sub ziti, penne or fusilli,)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter may sub half olive oil
- 6-8 garlic cloves minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups half and half
- 1 tsp EACH onion powder, dried parsley, dried basil, salt
- 1/2 tsp EACH dried thyme, pepper, chicken bouillon, red pepper flakes
- 2 cups shredded Rotisserie chicken (see notes)
- 2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 6-8 slices provolone cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta just until al dente according to package directions – don’t overcook! Strain and rinse with cold water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish. Set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, make Alfredo Sauce. Melt 5 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat then whisk in flour and garlic. Cook, while stirring for 2 minutes. Turn heat to low then gradually whisk in half and half, chicken broth and all spices/seasonings.
- Bring to a boil, whisking constantly then reduce heat to medium and simmer, whisking occasionally until thickened (but not overly thick), 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in Parmesan cheese until melted. Stir in chicken and pasta and toss until evenly coated (it will seem like a lot of extra sauce which is a good thing).
- Pour half of the pasta into prepared baking dish and spread in an even layer. Layer pasta evenly with provolone cheese followed by an even layer of sour cream. Pour remaining pasta over sour cream and spread into an even layer. Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and inside provolone is melted. Let sit 5-10 minutes before serving.
Recipe From : Carlsbad Cravings