Stir fried Cashew chicken is a simple dish that combines chicken
with cashews and with a light sauce topping. The crunchy cashews, savory bell
peppers and the succulent chicken makes the dish a wonderful starter.
- Chicken- 200 gm
- Ginger garlic paste-1 tbsp
- Lemon juice-1 tsp
- Corn flour-1 tbsp
- Pepper powder-1 tbsp
- Egg- half of an egg
- Garam masala powder- ½ tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Oil- 2 tbsp
Ingredients for Seasoning:
- Oil-1 tbsp
- Cashew nut- ½ cup (split)
- Garlic chopped-1 tbsp
- Bell pepper/ capsicum chopped- ¼ cup (different colors)
- Tomato sauce-1 tbsp
- Soya sauce-1 tsp
- Salt- a pinch
- Spring onion chopped-2 tbsp
- Marinate the small cut chicken chunks with the ingredients
under marinating except oil for 4 hours.
- Heat a non-stick pan with 2 tbsp of oil and add the chicken
- Mix well and cover cooks it for about 20 minutes (open the
lid and stir occasionally) until cooked well and nicely golden in color.
- Mean while in another pan heat a tablespoon of oil and
add chopped garlic.
- Saute for a minute.
- Add cashews and sauté until golden
- Add bell pepper; sauté for a minute.
- Add tomato sauce, soya sauce and a pinch of salt.
- Mix well and add the cooked chicken pieces in it.
- Sprinkle spring onions and switch off the flame.