Amazing Chocolate Chip Brownie Belgium Waffles a la Mode. Belgium Waffles A La Mode – Belgian Waffles loaded with chocolate chips which edge-of-the-brownie-pan charm we tend to simply can’t get enough of!
I love an upscale decadent afters masquerading as a breakfast item, don’t you? I mean, what higher method may there be to sneak chocolate into breakfast, than to cover it in pancakes or waffles. Well, I’m in no way concealment the chocolate nowadays. These extravagantly made chocolatey Brownie Belgium Waffles area unit cram full of mini chocolate chips with a crisp brownie texture.
They can be enjoyed as a wonderful off the cuff afters, served a la mode with vanilla frozen dessert and sauce or raspberry preserves. Or as a full throttle, balls to the wall, in your face breakfast. I dare you.
The waffle iron fills out making that tender “brownie edge” over the complete surface of every waffle, with hot liquefied chocolate morsels within. Sigh…
Interestingly, once the Brownie Belgium Waffles area unit able to take away from the waffle iron, they’re very soft and delicate. Flip them out of the waffle iron terribly gently, then watch as they as if by magic crisp up before your eyes. (Opposite of ancient waffles that soften a bit as they cool.)
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 10 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- 2/3 cups mini chocolate chips
- Optional Toppings: vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce, powdered sugar
- Preheat a Belgium waffle maker. In a large bowl mix the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Melt the butter and set aside to cool a little.
- Beat the eggs, vanilla extract, and water in a small bowl. Whisk the egg mixture into the dry mixture, then quickly mix in the melted butter. Finally stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spray the waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour one-third of the batter into the waffle iron, close and cook for approximately 3 minutes. Lift the lid to check the waffle. It should be fully formed, but soft to the touch. Carefully turn the waffle iron to flip the waffle out. The moment it starts cooling, it will crisp up. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve as-is, with powdered sugar on top, or “a la mode” with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce
Recipe From : A Spicy Perspective