I am all about Christmas baking right now! specially, about searching out methods to make traditional Christmas recipes greater Slimming world pleasant with out compromising on their flavor or great. now not an clean undertaking that’s for positive, however it’s simply some thing I’ve executed with these Low Syn Mini Christmas cakes. They’re a outstanding option for Slimming world taster evenings (agree with me they’ll knock humans’s socks off!) or for on Christmas day itself while you’re trying to rein for your syns wherever feasible.
Christmas cake is an unavoidable part of Christmas, but conventional Christmas cake recipes will run you into the tens of syns in line with slice! At a time of yr when it’s difficult sufficient to live even remotely on plan, it’s important to plot in some more healthy options to take whilst you may. That’s wherein those Low Syn Mini Christmas desserts come in! They’re low syn but nevertheless p.c. all of the punch and flavour of a conventional Christmas cake…which includes the booze.
- 100g Mixed Dried Fruit – 14 syns
- 75g Almond Flour – 9.5 syns (I’ve used Sukrin Almond Flour, but please make sure to check the syns of the brand that you use)
- 1/2tsp Baking Powder – 1/2 syn
- 3tbsp Black Treacle – 6 syns
- 50ml Whiskey – 6 syns (please make sure to check the syns of the individual brand that you use)
- 4tbsp Sukrin :1 Sweetener – 2 syns
- 3x Eggs
- 2tsp Ground Ginger
- 2tsp Ground Sweet Cinnamon
- 1tsp Ground Cloves
- 1tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1tsp Lemon Zest
- 25g Icing Sugar – 5 syns
- Water (enough to mix the icing sugar)
- add the dried fruit and whiskey to a small saucepan and convey to the boil over a low warmness. remove from the warmth as soon as it has boiled and allow take a seat for 10 mins to allow some of the fruit to soak in a few whiskey.
- In a massive blending bowl or stand mixer, integrate the flour, sweetener, baking soda and spices.
- upload the treacle and eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Stir through the fruit and whiskey till mixed.
- Divide equally into a 12 hole baking tray in order that they’re about half of full.
- Bake for 15 minutes or till a skewer comes out easy while poked into the center.
- let cool for 10 minutes and then cast off to cool completely.
- blend your icing with a little little bit of water, being careful no longer to add too much water or it is going to be over runny.
- Spoon a touch bit of icing onto every cake while they’re completely cooled and dust with cinnamon if desired.