This dip is rich and filling and popular at parties. I like to put chopped jalapenos in it too. I have made a double batch in one larger dish with half having jalapenos and half without..
Baked Sweet Onion Cheddar Dip
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (Best Foods, Hellmann’s, or Vegenaise)
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped yellow sweet onions (Maya, Vidalia, etc)
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder, to taste (optional, but oh so good!)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt or 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion, for garnish
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked spanish paprika or 1/8 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder or 1/8 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix together the onions, garlic, mayonnaise, yogurt or sour cream, cheddar, and Tabasco (and curry powder, if using).
- Spread into a lightly pan sprayed small-ish baking dish.
- Top with Parmesan and sprinkle with paprika to taste. (Ground ancho chile powder can be substituted for the paprika, for a little more kick. I prefer the ancho.).
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Garnish with chopped green onion (scallion).
- Serve hot or warm with crackers, bread, or raw veggie dippers.
- Makes about 6 servings. I usually make a double batch!.